Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Saying Good-Bye to Pécs

Well - early tomorow morning (2:30 a.m.) I take the shuttle to the Budapest airport to return home via Milan, Italy and Newark, New Jersey - 18 hours after my 7:40 a.m. flight departs. I spent yesterday and today on a last few good-byes and stuffing my two suitcases full of all my junk.

Had coffee with Liza, an American student from Salt Lake City, whom I met my first week here. Delightful young woman who has lots of traveling in her future. She and I both compared our great adventures in Hungary. Met my friend, János, to say farewell - he gave me some homemade paprika sauce. Yum - can't wait to try it. And met Zoltan at Cooltour Cafe for a last red wine - thanks for the wine Zoltan and the DVD of a new Hungarian film. I know Bill Pryor will be happy to watch all my Eastern European DVDs when I get home.

Today I went by the bookstore to say good-bye to Levente and his great girlfriend, who have always been so kind to me. Sad to leave them. Levente had one last tip for me - a new cafe selling home made cakes and pastries - so I just had to give it a try before I left. As usual, his advice is golden. Had a yummie chocolate torte with cocoanut and a citrus filling swirled into the batter.

Now I'm working on final posts to my blog - and waiting for Ági to come and help me cart my luggage down the construction zone, which is my street.

No comments:

Post a Comment