Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Visiting Friends and Family in Croatia

This is a picture of my cousin, Nick, who lives in Karlovac.  He came to pick me up at my hotel Saturday morning.  In the winter, he grows a beard – which I have never seen before since I’ve visited in early fall or spring.  He is always great company and I enjoy getting updates on his family since our last visit a year and half ago.  He took me to a traditional Croatian meal – blood sausage with sauerkraut and mashed potatoes.  I was a little afraid of the blood sausage at first – but it was delicious.  I also saw Jadran Boban, a Croatian filmmaker, who gave me some DVDs of Croatian films to take back for the Kansas International Film Festival.  I’ve really excited to get to watch them – and since it is a rainy dreary day in Pécs, I’ll probably get a chance to watch one this evening.

1 comment: