Sunday, October 4, 2009

Eating Ostrich and “French Toast”


Struccuccok is ostrich in Hungarian.  I went to one of my favorite restaurants, Korhely (messy place).  Picked one of the ostrich dishes – here it is.  Well, it does not taste like chicken!!!  More like a steak.  It seems pretty common here to have some type of meat dish with either gnocchi or rice on the side.  No veggies.  I’d say this was a pretty tasty dish. 



This morning I’m having breakfast – espresso and “French Toast”  Well, the French toast arrived – it is like taking an Italian loaf of bread, cutting it, dipping it in egg and frying it – and then sprinking parsley on top!  No syrup or jam with it.   Just dry toast.  Humm.  Well, it’s ok – but being the sweet tooth that I am, I prefer mine soaked in sugary syrup.

3 comments:

  1. I would like to try the ostrich and maybe even the French toast, I don't have the sweet tooth like some people I know !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You ate Big Bird!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH NO - I did not think of it that way.

    ReplyDelete