Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Sightseeing with Greg and Mandi in Budapest


OK - these are just a few sights from my travels with Greg and Mandi in Budapest.  I was surprised that I could be so comfortable with people I don't know well, but they were so adventurous and fun loving and warm.  They made me feel very welcome hanging out with them.  It's more fun than seeing Budapest alone.  Greg - was clearly the guide - my horse owning friends, Bette and Feri, would call him the leader horse.  We saw many of the major sights on the Pest side of the city, including the Parliament building - my favorite of all the architectural wonders here - especially seen from the Danube river (the last shot of the short video here) I can't believe how well Greg could find his way around the metros, trams, buses and streets of Budapest - which can be very intimidating.  So he has inspired me to use more of the public transportation in Budapest - which came in handy on my last day in Budapest - THANK YOU GREG.    Toward the end of this short video, you'll see Greg at the top of St. Stephens Bascilica - the largest church in Budapest.   The climb to the top of the 96 metre high dome around a spiral staircase was a work-out - you can also see a shot of Greg on the way down that staircase. Much easier going down.  At the top - we could see Mandi waving to us from the square -check that out.  Oh, and that gold ornate box contains the most important religious relic in Hungary - the mummified arm of King St. Stephen!!!  

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful! Nice job Greg. Really glad you got to connect with Mandi and Greg, We talked about that when I was in Florida. I was with Cherie and Mike while you were with Mandi and Greg; isn't that interesting timing? a mummified arm?? why just his arm?

    ReplyDelete