Sunday, November 15, 2009

Filézett Pontzhaláyé Tésztával

I had this fish soup with pasta at one of my favorite restaurants.  It has a daily menu with 2 choices - and this sounded good.  When you walk into the restaurant there are 4 tables with 4 chairs each.  It is a place where shopkeepers and workers get a quick lunch.  I only know about it because Levente told Mike and I about it on our visit to Pécs.  If you are sitting at a table, whoever comes in the door will ask to sit with you - since there are so few seats.  So I had ordered and an older Hungarian man came to sit with me.  Good thing - because normally the soup (leves) is served first and then the entree.  This came out at the same time.  So I gestured to him, asking if I was supposed to put the pasta into the soup - and he said igen, yes i was.  But he also stopped me from putting in all of it at once.  This was a declicous, hearty soup and the pasta was great.  A few minutes later, he showed me the jar of spicy paprika sauce that I could stir into my soup - it was so cute the expression on his face that he used to tell me that it was hot.  He made sure that I did not put too much on my spoon.  It was, indeed, very tasty.  I must bring back a jar of that for Mike.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, please bring me a jar of the spicy paprika.
    Hey, isn't that the place that you step down into the little room off the street? I had a very interesting dish there, didn't I?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, that is the place. I really like most of the food that I have tasted there.

    ReplyDelete