Wednesday, November 18, 2009

More Hungarian Politics

 
Coming home the other night, I ran across this protest so I took video of the one protest sign.  They were off the main square in front of McDonald's.  I had no idea what they were protesting - all the construction in town!  No one seemed to mind that I was taking their photos.   Today I asked my students what the sign said - basically, these folks are protesting the current government, which seems to be unpopular with just about everyone these days.  The sign says that they've suffered for three years under these liars.  Apparently Haguz is a curse word in Hungarian - so more accurately, the students said it would translate to "lying bastards."   You can see that the group was quite small.

4 comments:

  1. No one noticed you videoing the protest? Is that a good thing to be doing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. it was so small; and most were older than I. I think I could take them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Mike. Be careful when you, an American, video a political event.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah, careful with that camera.

    Haguz...what a great word! We need to start a website about all the lies promulgated by Fox "News." Call it "Haguz!"

    ReplyDelete